Happy Holidays. I know it has been a while since my last update but we have been busy, all the adjustments of the new job took a little more for me to adjust to than I thought, but it has been well worth it. I really like my new job. So this might be a rather long update.
Hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving and did not eat too much turkey. Adam had to work Thanksgiving so me and the kids had lunch at my mom’s. We had a really good time.
We have been doing Christmas shopping and I think it is safe to say we are done, except for the stocking stuffers. I imagine there are many other things I could buy but it is just not going to be a real big Christmas this year. They are getting some stuff but by the time you buy a video game or something like that it is 30.00, money doesn’t go far these days. We still need to get the Christmas tree up; we have made some progress it is in the house, now just to get it done. Maybe if we do a little each night then maybe by Christmas it will be put up. J
The kids are doing good. Katie is turning into quite the cook. She was Student of the Month for October. In November, she was chosen to try out for the Odyssey of the Mind Team at school, but it is a program that requires a lot of dedication and no help from parents and if someone dropped out the student could not be replaced. We can’t even tell them to tape this or glue this or anything; it is all about them being able to function all by themselves. So after much consideration and changing her mind several times, she decided she was not going to try out. But we are very proud of her. She even had all A’s on her progress report. So evidently we are doing at least some of our parenting right.
AJ is doing good, still trying to put weight on him. He takes a lunch to school everyday and he also gets a school lunch and he is supposed to eat what he wants of the school lunch and then he eats what he took with him. But so far I haven’t seen where that has helped any. I guess we are going to have to get the medicine that makes him hungry.
He had a very good progress report too. His teacher says he loves math word problems and he is very good at them. His gifted class is going good to; he comes home talking about all kinds of stuff I would not think he would know about. He is also learning to ride his bicycle, it is a slow progression. We are very proud that he keeps trying. Also he did a show at the Rylander. I have several DVD with plays/performances that he and Katie have been in that I am going to try and copy everybody. So if you are interested in one just let me know.
Wyatt has a little bit of an upper respiratory infection that we are trying to treat and he is up to 34 lbs. He says “WOW” to all the Christmas lights, and his favorite line is “Call my daddy.” We (Adam) have managed to take away the bobble (pacifier), put his in a toddler bed and he is going to sleep by himself at night instead of being rocked. He is turning into quite the big boy. He is bad J and Adam keeps telling him that he (Adam) is meaner that he (Wyatt) is, but I am not so sure about that. Adam also says he has us wrapped around his finger, which he probably does, but according to Adam he only has him wrapped half way around his finger.
Adam is doing good. He has had a couple of rough days or week but I think we are pretty much getting it back to the same old thing. He has been working hard. (HA!) He has worked a few extra days here and there to fill in for a guy that has been out, but he says as long as the check doesn’t bounce then he will do whatever. He will be working Christmas, so we are trying to decide how we are going to work out all those details.
I am going to have a minor procedure done on the 16th, so if you would keep me in your thoughts that would be great. It is a small procedure but I am a little nervous but ready for it at the same time.
So I guess this is about everything for the last couple of months for us. Most of the time it is sleep, work, home, and it starts over the next day.
We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Love to you all,
The Winters 5
Monday, December 8, 2008
Sorry it has been so long...Happy Holidays
Posted by Winters Family at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment